This world takes place in a disk-shaped space structure made up of connecting beams and some square-shaped panels. In Super Monkey Ball, the walls of the colony are yellow and orange. In Super Monkey Ball 2, The yellow/orange color is replaced by a red color. The moon can be seen through the top. In Ring Bridges in SMBDX with PlayStation 2, the colony and moon are missing.
Super Monkey BallEdit
In Super Monkey Ball, the colony hosts the extra stages. The world's even called "Space Extra". (The names in parentheses are the SMBDX names)
- Extra Beginner Floor 1 (Blur Bridge)
- Extra Beginner Floor 2 (Hitter)
- Extra Beginner Floor 3 (AV Logo)
- Extra Advanced Floor 1 (Blur Bridge)
- Extra Advanced Floor 2 (Hard Hitter)
- Extra Advanced Floor 3 (Puzzle)
- Extra Advanced Floor 4 (AV Logo)
- Extra Advanced Floor 5 (Polar Large)
- Extra Expert Floor 1 (Blur Bridge)
- Extra Expert Floor 2 (Breathe)
- Extra Expert Floor 3 (Hard Hitter)
- Extra Expert Floor 4 (Ferris Wheel)
- Extra Expert Floor 5 (Factory)
- Extra Expert Floor 6 (Curl Pipe)
- Extra Expert Floor 7 (Magic Hand)
- Extra Expert Floor 8 (AV Logo)
- Extra Expert Floor 9 (Sanctuary)
- Extra Expert Floor 10 (Daa Loo Maa)
Super Monkey Ball 2Edit
The Space Colony is World 9, so the stages are very hard.
- Serial Jump
- Cross Floors
- Spinning Saw
- Chipped Pipes
- Flat Maze
- Twin Basin
- Air Hockey
Purpose in StoryEdit
After the monkeys destroy the robots at the Clock Tower, Dr. Bad-Boon decides he no longer needs the hideout and flees in a rocket. The monkeys then follow him to the colony. Later, Bad-Boon begins to charge a beam that will make bananas taste like curry. The monkeys head into the center of the colony to his base and start wrecking it.
The Space Colony hosts 1/2 of the extra stages, as well as the first 1/2 of the non-extra master stages.
- Giant Swing
- 5 Drums
- Free Throw
- Conical Slider
- Train Worm
- The music for the Space Colony of Super Monkey Ball 1 in Super Monkey Ball Deluxe has been changed to the Arctic music due to copyright reasons.
- The Arctic background has the Sky High background music.
|Extra Stages (SMB)||♫|
|Space Colony (SMB2)||♫|